I've been saying recently that I think I am about ready to attempt walking up a hill, on the basis of being fitter due to my energetic walk to and from work. Hmm. Let's get real here. As Denise pointed out to me the other night, any walk up a hill is realistically going to involve an 8 mile walk over terrain that will be uneven at best. This rocked me back on my heels a bit. I'd been thinking in terms of 4 or 5 miles, to be honest, and 8 seems a bit of a ... well, a hill to climb.
We dog-sat Hyper for Malky & Fiona the other day, and took her out on our usual one and a bit mile loop. This is on broken footpaths with a cinder surface, and I was shattered by the end of it.
Denise is right. I'll have to prove I can walk eight miles on the flat before I can attempt any hill.
Very, very depressing.
22 September, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment