The clinic meeting went well today. They altered my prosthetic to address the fitment problems I'd been having. Really, I should have gone straight back to them and said that it wasn't working, but, hey ho, we live and learn. I'm going to try dropping the paracetamol and diclofenac tablets that I'm taking for the pain, and just take them as and when needed. I will still take the Gabapentin, for the phantom pains. Had the prosthetic on for about four hours yesterday, and a couple of hours so far today. I'll probably put it on again later for a bit, just for washing up etc.
Denise has been having to do everything lately - all the cooking and the clearing up and so on, and I've only been able to do a few bits and pieces, which has made me feel really guilty. She's so busy with work that all she really wants to do when she gets home is relax; but when I'm back on two feet again, I hope I can have a meal ready for her when she gets in, and things like that. She is so good to me, and I really appreciate all she does.
Yesterday was the first time I'd been able to get into the car for a drive for a couple of weeks. The weather hadn't been up to much for some time beforehand and didn't encourage me to go for a drive, and I'd really been getting wound up being stuck in the house. I really enjoyed my drive out. The act of driving, and the scenery (snow topped hills at the moment) really helps me unwind, and the cup of coffee and sausage sandwich at the half way / turn-around point tastes all the better.
So. I've got to start again, building up my stump's tolerance for wearing the prosthetic. I'll need to take it easy, as it is still rather tender. But! Things are looking up again!
Denise has been having to do everything lately - all the cooking and the clearing up and so on, and I've only been able to do a few bits and pieces, which has made me feel really guilty. She's so busy with work that all she really wants to do when she gets home is relax; but when I'm back on two feet again, I hope I can have a meal ready for her when she gets in, and things like that. She is so good to me, and I really appreciate all she does.
Yesterday was the first time I'd been able to get into the car for a drive for a couple of weeks. The weather hadn't been up to much for some time beforehand and didn't encourage me to go for a drive, and I'd really been getting wound up being stuck in the house. I really enjoyed my drive out. The act of driving, and the scenery (snow topped hills at the moment) really helps me unwind, and the cup of coffee and sausage sandwich at the half way / turn-around point tastes all the better.
So. I've got to start again, building up my stump's tolerance for wearing the prosthetic. I'll need to take it easy, as it is still rather tender. But! Things are looking up again!

No comments:
Post a Comment