I've decided that instead of trying to increase my walking range, which puts me off because it just gets too painful as soon as I get towards a mile or so, I'll just try to walk more often. A mile at a time.
I did it yesterday, but by the time I got within 200 metres of home, I was already in quite a lot of pain. I was, however, walking without my stick for much of the time, which is an improvement. I went out again today, and made it all the way round wihout stopping, and with only a little pain by the time I got home. I think maybe the much better weather might have had something to do with it.
If I can get out daily, maybe I'll get the better of this infuriating pain. We're going to New York for a weekend soon, and I'd like to be able to enjoy the time there without having to keep stopping. A mile at a time would do it, with a rest at each interval in a coffee shop or a bar. I wonder if we'll be able to find a coffee shop when I need one? :-D
Of course, we are still planning to go to China in September, so I really need to build up my stamina for that!
27 January, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment